Sunday, January 29, 2012

PRE-SWEATER JAMS


You've all probably heard enough of celebrities and actors trying to sing. After you've heard a few, the novelty gets old real quick. But I couldn't resist this one. It will only make sense if you're familiar with Wesley Willis. Imagine Wesley doing "Sgt. Peppers' Lonely Heart Club Band." Got that playing in your head? Okay, this is Bill Cosby doing the song, with what sounds like a children's chorus. Just listen to the first verse. Am I crazy, or does he sound a lot like Wesley?

I found the "Sgt Peppers" cover when I was looking for the second one below. "Hikky Burr" is an alternate take of the theme from "The Bill Cosby Show" (not to be confused with "Cosby," the later sitcom). I'd heard this version before, and was actually looking for another longer version that I'd heard on a jazz station of all places. I ran into another one, "Bunions," that I've run across before but forgot about. It's got a nice driving beat; pretty funky. You should go get it. And there's a full LP download of the LP that has "Hikky Burr," and other similar stuff (cover above). I gave it test run and it's pretty damn good. Unbelievable in this day and age, Cosby was once hip.

Bit of a funky jazz soul clusterfuck around here these past two days. I feel a shift change coming. Oh shit. Deep Purple just came on TV. Gotta go.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Bill Cosby - Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band mp3 at Accordion Guy
Bill Cosby & Quincy Jones - Hikky Burr mp3 at Alejando Borrero
Bill Cosby - Bunions mp3 at Aquarium Drunkard NOTE: I forget if he's one of the anti-hot link guys, but if the link doesn't work, just go there to get it. One more click.
Wesley Willis - Earlier post with tons of music and art

No comments: