Saturday, October 2, 2021

FROM WAY UP THERE


I don't know how I landed on this. I had a few different things I was going to rattle on about but that all went out the window. Must have been the name. The Eskimos. What the hell I never heard of them, so I clicked and now all I want to hear for the rest of the night is weird shit. This song started it. It's just one of those strange oddball rock 'n' roll records released years ago in some far off land, in this case Greenland. There's almost always something a little off in this type of international pop record. In "Mr. Twist" there are many things off. The guitar solo is pretty cool, slightly distorted and admirably tweaked. After hearing it I was curious to hear their version of "Wipe Out" and to see what the guitarist would do with it. I'm happy to report that both the guitarist and drummer take great liberties with "Wipeout" all but rewriting it. I can't tell, particularly with the drummer, if the intent is to change it to show off or to hide the fact that they can't play it like the original. Regardless, they think different and sometimes that's all it takes.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~

No comments: