Wednesday, September 4, 2019

TONY BENNETT'S SPIT IS STILL ON THIS THING.

I was looking for something completely different, yeah again, and ran across a cover of Dylan's "Wicked Messenger" by the Black Keys. I'd never heard it before and it was sufficiently crunchy, like the Keys of yore. I was just on the cusp of going to check on some of their old stuff (I stopped after their second LP), but the thought that there had been a lot of covers of "Wicked Messenger", for a song that wasn't close to a hit, popped into my head.. The Faces were my indoctrination, so I have a sentimental attachment. But, shit, Patti Smith does something with that song. That might be tainted by me just digging the type of person she is, but she feels the song, puts more into it. Mitch Ryders approach is total seventies rock. I'd probably like it better if it didn't screw up "Little Latin Lupe Lu" for me going forward. Now I'm just nit picking. Just listen to Patti Smith's and go from there.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:

No comments: