Thursday, September 26, 2019

OUTTA MY WAY. I SEE RECORDS.

If Nick Waterhouse is trying too hard, well, who the hell cares? I do. Because that's what keeps me from believing. I really want to like his music without thinking that "enough of this perfect picture retro shit". His shit's good, but, c'mon dude. Put on your play clothes. Get dirty. You do not want people thinking of Sha Na Na when they see you. A very good, very styling Sha Na Na maybe, but still. Hate to say it but you need a good bender. Not an off the deep end bender, just one of those downward pointed head shaking, "what the fuck got into me" morning afters. Of course, I shouldn't go off like that. I mean, I might have heard a dozen of his songs and seen a few of his videos. Nowhere near sufficient to rag like that. I guess what got to me was his r&b take on the Kinks' "I Can Only Give You Everything". Not the music, the video. Really trying too hard. Black and white? That's too much. Fuck, talk about nitpicking! Rag, rag, rag... and out.


~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Nick Waterhouse - Some Place mp3 at Aurgasm
Nick Waterhouse - If You Want Trouble mp3
at Aurgasm

No comments: