Friday, September 6, 2019

ONE AMERICAN BAND

A friend mentioned that he had some Replacements live sets on Color Me Impressed, a site that archives old Replacements sets. That reminded me. I hadn't listened to the Replacements in a while so I started digging through the old stuff here and found enough to occupy the rest of my night. I'm cutting out early because at this point in my night I'm thinking that, upon updated assessment, the Replacements are one of the greatest American rock 'n' roll bands that ever existed. When I think great American rock 'n' roll band, I'm not thinking about a band that resembles anything in particular, in sound, era, look or anything. It's more like they have some sort of secret combination of slop, style, chops, fuck it all attitude, volume, and songwriting. All those qualities can be found in Creedence Clearwater Revival or the Flamin' Grooves, bands like that. But the Replacements were later, throw in a dash of punk rock. These guys are you before the neck tie, before settling down, before the kids, before the mortgage, before punk rock reunions. Get lit.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Live stuff:
The Replacements Live Archive Project A shitload of live stuff.

No comments: