Monday, August 23, 2021

THINK THEY'LL HOOK UP?


Don Everly, of the Everly Brothers, died yesterday. His brother Phil passed away in 2014. Like a lot of people, my introduction to the Everly Brothers came from oldies radio stations and soundtracks of movies and TV shows that took place in the fifties. I bought my first Everly Brothers after hearing the Dils, a punk band, cover "Cathy's Clown". The Dils had distinctive voices that sounded good when they harmonized, which wasn't often. So, I ran out and bought an Everlys compilation to hear the source, the two voices that sounded as one. When I got around to really listening, it was like going from a beat up VW bug to an Eldorado without going through all the increments of cars in between. The LP is in a category all it's own. I don't think I've ever heard two male voices that sound so good together. Really, you need to cough up and buy a compilation. It will provide the reference point you need when hearing other attempts.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown mp3 at Rocky 52
The Everly Brothers - Keep A Lovin Me mp3
at Rocky 52 Very early, 1955
The Everly Brothers - Be Bop A Lula mp3
at Rocky 52
The Everly Brothers - Eight more songs and profile
at Time Goes By

No comments: