Sunday, August 22, 2021

TAKE THAT DJ FUCKFACE


I was out in the alley again, reading a few pages and having a smoke. After a day at the beach when all I heard was bad classic rock and an ultra loud unrelenting thump, DUUIISH-DUUIISSH-DUUIISH!!!, of bad, repetitive EDM. It kept going for hours and you could hear it a mile away. It was invading my space, man. I had pretty much given up any thought of hearing a random song from anybody this weekend that would sound any good. So there I was, in the alley, sun low in the sky, chilling with a book, a gentle breeze blowing. It carried the string intro to Etta James's "At Last", a song I've heard a thousand times as I'm sure you have. But it was just what I needed. From a stranger a half block away. It changed my mood. I don't think I'll ever hear it again without thinking of the sonic salve it provided.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Etta James - At Last mp3 at Carried Away
Etta James - Tell Mama mp3 at Blog Rage
Etta James - I'd Rather Go Blind mp3 at Free Beer For Yorky
Etta James -  I'm Gonna Take What He's Got mp3 at Groove Addict
Etta James - Seven Day Fool mp3 at Soul Garage

No comments: