Saturday, August 7, 2021

FLIMSY EXCUSE TO REPOST THE STOOGES #346


Okay, so there's a couple women that moved in across the alley from me about a year ago. I became alley friends with them shortly after they moved in. Alleys do that. A few weeks after I'd met them one was wearing a Germs T-shirt that was based on artwork that Shawn Kerri, a long lost friend of mine, had done (she also did that Circle Jerks skanking kid artwork back in the day). I commented on her shirt and came to find out that she had a pretty respectable knowledge of old school punk. This was surprising because, other than the T-shirt, she exhibited none of the cliche punk look. No leather, no black, no boots, no crazy hair, no excessive tattoos or piercings.It was unusual because younger people into punk rock seem to be the ones that looked like they just stepped out of Hot Topic (she's in her late twenties or early thirties, young compared to me). It was encouraging to meet someone who didn't feel the need to wear a uniform. That part of punk rock seemed to vanish as soon as hardcore hit.

Today I'm out in the alley and she was taking out the trash. I asked her what T-shirt she was wearing today, in case it was another punk shirt.  I do that from time to time. She turned around and I saw "The Stooges". When she moved her arms away, it said "Funhouse". I was floored. It's not just my favorite Stooges album, it's one of my all time favorites of any genre. And here's someone that young that's into it. After a short excited conversation I came away thinking, you know, shit ain't so bad.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
From The Stooges
The Stooges - 1969 mp3
at Olcos
The Stooges - I Wanna Be Your Dog mp3
at Tumblr
The Stooges - No Fun mp3
at Olcos
The Stooges - Real Cool Time mp3
at Tumblr
The Stooges - Not Right mp3
at Tumblr
The Stooges - Little Doll mp3
at Tumblr
From Fun House

The Stooges - Down On the Street mp3 at Olcos
The Stooges - Dirt mp3
at Quit Mumbling
The Stooges - 1970
at Tumblr
From Raw Power
Iggy and the Stooges - Search and Destroy mp3
at Olcon
Iggy and the Stooges - Gimme Danger mp3 
at Olcos (?)
Iggy and the Stooges - Raw Power mp3
at Olcos
Iggy and the Stooges - Death Trip mp3
at Tumblr

No comments: