Sunday, August 8, 2021

DO THEY CALL THEM SUPER GROUPS IN JAZZ?


Yee haw! A Coltrane bootleg, a live gig, John Coltrane Sextet - The Missing Seattle Parts 1965. I've no clue. Missing parts? I guess I'll have to read the copy on the post before I start devouring. I'm only one cut in and it's worthy ("Afro Blue End" which is eighteen minutes long). The sound quality is good, much better than what you'd expect from an live recording from 1965. The playing is good too and he's got a top shelf combo (McCoy Tyner, Pharoah Saunders, and Elvin Jones). There is some crazy shit going on. I guess I'll take off on outta here and go read the copy. Note: When you click on the link it'll run you through a captcha thing. Small obstacle, just mentioning it so you're not alarmed.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
John Coltrane Sextet - The Missing Seattle Parts 1965
at Big O Eight tracks, eighty minutes. Links are near the end, in light blue.

No comments: