Monday, July 24, 2023

MUTE THE ADS


I can't believe I've never hear of this sucker. It's billed as "the last great jam of the sixties" but, c'mon...I don't care about the star power. There could have been a later, greater jam somewhere, in a garage or what have you. (I hate absolutes regardless.) So what this really is is different combinations of musicians, jazz, blues and rock, in a big room going off. Even though I think Eric Clapton is overrated, I can dig on seeing him play with Roland Kirk. That's just one combination.

To see the list of participants and the song list head to YouTube. Once there, to see where the individual songs/jams are, look at the second comment under the description, A @johnhenry4 kindly linked individual performances. I've only watched short snippets so I can't vouch for this "great" rating, but these musicians certainly are no hacks.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Supershow - The Last Great Jam Of The 60's
at YouTube
Visit:
Supershow
at Wikipedia

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.

Harold Raisin III said...

Thanks, Tom G. I never heard of this and you just made my night.

Harold Raisin III said...

Still digesting this - but just wow - the transition between "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and "Primitive Ohio" was a little jarring, but so worth it. This is amazing. Buddy Guy in the late sixties! Aces. Also, just got to say, I don't visit here as often as I should, but I appreciate your taste and am always glad when I do. It's like ice cream on a hot day.

Tom G. said...

Thanks for the nice words Harold!