Thursday, July 27, 2023

MULLIGAN MEETS OVERSELLING SONG TITLES


Earlier today I was talking to a friend named Alan. I met him a few years ago when music came up in the conversation. It wasn't in a music oriented place and I forget how the subject came up, but it turned out that he was a fiend like myself, into esoteric shit, jazz and, as I later learned, exotica (beyond just Martin Denny and the usual subjects). When we were talking today we were sharing a fondness for isolated listening, that is listening to music with zero distractions. It really is amazing what you hear when you close your eyes and or turn out the lights and just sit there and listen (even better if you dance like nobody's watching because nobody is watching).

About an hour ago, I was digging through some Chet Baker and Gerry Mulligan stuff. West Coast jazz, more chill than crazy. There was a song titled "Nights at The Turntable". It made me think of the earlier conversation, the listening to music thing. So I looked for more and just settled for the ones with most promising titles, none of which really live up to their titles. Regardless, I've gone this far...

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~

No comments: