Sunday, July 9, 2023

SOUNDS FROM THE 99 CENT BIN


There are three types of people. People who have heard the single version of "Green-Eyed Lady" by Sugarloaf, those who have not heard "Green-Eyed Lady" by Sugarloaf, and those that have heard "Green-Eyed Lady" by Sugarloaf, the single version and the extended LP version. For 99 cents, I joined the latter. That's the beauty of 99 cent bins. It's not like you're looking for rarities. I don't really know anything at all about Sugarloaf and really don't care but that one particular song was a hit (1971) and I associate it with a surf movie soundtrack (I don't even remember the name of the movie). I can't be objective about this song because I've heard it so many times, but the full extended version (6:52) is a nice change.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Sugarloaf - Green-Eyed Lady mp3
at Internet Archive

1 comment:

Steve D. said...

I have the LP. I paid 67¢ [3 | $2.00] for it.
If you look at the label of the 7"-deck, notice the name "Paul Buff". He has a prior to 1970 music background.