Wednesday, October 4, 2023

NATIONAL [PREFERRED TERM] MONTH, PT 6


I've listened to a good amount of Tito Puente over the years, of all different eras. He did it all, big band, mambo, cha cha cha, salsa, boogaloo, Afro-cuban jazz. One thing I didn't expect to hear was a song that sounded like a soundtrack to a blaxploitatio flick or a 70s cop show. I should've guessed it by the title, "Black Brothers". Listen to the other three down there first to get a feel of why I was not expecting "Black Brothers". If you are under a certain age, I should point out that "Oye Como Va" was later covered by Santana. If you do not know who Santana is, go ask your parents.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Tito Puente - Oye Como Va mp3
at Internet Archive
Tito Puente - Fiesta Con Puente mp3
at Internet Archive
Tito Puente - Salsa y Sabor mp3
at Internet Archive
Tito Puente - Black Brothers mp3
at Internet Archive

No comments: