Thursday, March 10, 2022

INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION


Last night I was getting ready to cook dinner (chicken tacos) and thought I'd put on some Pharoah Sanders. I like to listen intently to disorienting music while doing chores and slow or speed up my movements to match the tempo of the song. It sounds ridiculous but it makes you feel like you're in a movie and whatever you're listening to is part of a well curated soundtrack. You think I jest, but try it.

By the time I was done with dinner it was time for the biggee, Village of the Pharoahs. Holy shit, that LP is amazing. More so with the volume up and the lights out. Take it on step further? Move around while it's dark and the volume is up. Now, if you really want to disorient yourself, lights out, volume up, moving around while supporting half your weight from a pull up bar. What's the deal, you ask? If you concentrate on what you're listening to instead of what you're doing, the process can make you feel like you're floating in space. I'm sure all of that would be enhanced by being high. So I've been told.

Here's a couple warm up tunes to listen to while you're making dinner and then the main attraction, Village of the Pharoahs. The title cut (parts 1-3) alone sent me to the record store the first time I heard it.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:
Pharoah Sanders - Summun, Bukmun, Umyun mp3
at 30 Milkshakes
Pharoah Sanders - Healing Song mp3 at Melting Pot
Pharoah Saunders - Village of the Pharoahs
(Full album, streaming) at YouTube

No comments: