Thursday, March 3, 2022

OKAY, AN EGYPTIAN GUITARIST, LETS GO. . .


Another unexpected detour. I was watching the news (BBC on PBS) to see what happened today in Ukraine (respect). Someone has to take him out. Maybe one of the oligarchs that got their yacht seized will be pissed enough to hire the neighborhood heavy. I don't give a shit if it sounds corny, my heart goes out to the people of Ukraine, and Volodymyr Zelenskyy? I'm in awe, particularly when you compare his bravery to our ex-president "Bone Spurs".

So with that shit running around in my head, I decided to check out Radiodiffusion Internasioonaal Annexe to look for some Ukrainian music. They didn't have that, so I road tested their last few posts. One was Sharifa Fadel, an Egyptian singer. It had an odd cover so of course I clicked, totally unprepared for the seven seconds of crazed fuzz at the beginning. The guitarist had my attention. The last line of the post said "Although he is not credited, that fuzz guitar is most likely Omar Khorshid" Hello, rabbit hole.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Sharifa Fadel - Wassel mp3
at Radiodiffusion Internasioonaal Annexe
Omar Khorshid - Raskat El Kheyl mp3
at Radiodiffusion Internasioonaal Annexe

2 comments:

Steve D. said...

I've been checking out a number of live radio streams on the online radio box.
So many of the non-U.S.A. broadcasts are from Ukraine or Russia!
I have hesitated to click on one of the Ukraine broadcasts for fear of it having been taken off the internet.

Tom G. said...

Steve,

If you dig international radio stations check this link:
https://ladimensiondetrastos.blogspot.com/2020/05/hot-ass-link-of-day.html