Thursday, June 3, 2021

"AND COMBO"? GEE, THANKS FOR THE INFO.


I'm not going to bullshit you. Sometimes I don't really feel like going through the hassle of posting anything. I guess that's obvious when I take a couple days off, On most days like that I'll give it the ol' college try. I find something I like and then, if it's someone I'm not familiar with, I dig for info. In today's case I found little. The song is great but, I found nothing autobiographical about Roy Tann, other than his real name, Willis Threats Jr.. That too turned up with squat. So, it takes me a paragraph to say, fuck it, here's a Roy Tann song that started my fruitless search. I did run into a couple other things to pad the post. One is an unrelated song by Ray Agee, only because it's of similar vintage and it's got a similar feel, and it also is hot shit.

The other thing I ran across, the one takeaway from my Tann search was a radio show by the Hound, a WFMU affiliated true fiend. The artist bios on his site are usually about fifty times more thorough than anything you're going to find on Wikipedia or anywhere else. The guy knows his shit. So his radio show is well selected (I hate it "curated"). He starts with surf, rock 'n' roll, rhythm and blues, and some hillbilly before he even gets to Roy Tann. But it's like when you first get a car you really dig and you just drive around waiting for the next awesome tune to pop up. Enjoy the cruise.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Roy Tan [sic] - Isabella mp3
at Soul Garage
Ray Agee - Your Precious Love mp3
at Soul Garage
The Hound - As heard on WFMU
at The Hound Go there for the playlist. 3 hours, aired 1991
Visit:
The Hound Blog

No comments: