Tuesday, February 25, 2020

THE BAND FROZE, AWED BY JULIUS

There are two African musicians that I search for periodically and never seem to find anything that I haven't run into before. Ebo Taylor and Orlando Julius. Last night I was jazzed, I ran into two from Orlando Julius with The Heliocentrics, from a fairly recent LP (2014). It's good stuff. I gotta hand it to the Heliocentrics, they're good students. I've heard stuff they did with Mulatu Astatke and it was pretty damn good as well.

Tonight I ran into a Ebo Taylor cut that I hadn't heard and that kind of sealed the deal. So, here's a couple from Julius and three from Taylor (two have been posted before). Do check out the video below, Julius with the Heliocentrics live in 2013, a spry seventy year old blowin' face. You know who I'd really dig being? That woman dancing. Imagine not just being there but being in the middle of it and having the freedom to shake it, and do it barefoot. Shit. Fucking YouTube. Now the perfect fantasy day will have to be edited. Again.


~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Orlando Julius with The Heliocentrics - Love Thy Neighbor mp3 at Soul Donuts
Orlando Julius with The Heliocentrics - Jaiyede Afro mp3
at Soul Donuts
Ebo Taylor - Ayesama mp3
at Bama Love Soul
Ebo Taylor - Victory mp3
at Mixtape Riot
Ebo Taylor - Mizin mp3
at Mixtape Riot

No comments: