Thursday, February 6, 2020

OBSCURE ETHIO JAZZ MIX OF THE WEEK

Ethio jazz in not a music I know much about. I know Hailu Mergia and I know Mulatu Astatke, a little. That's probably the equivalent of knowing only Elvis and Chuck Berry as rock 'n' roll. If I was in Ethiopia and all that I heard of rock 'n' roll was Elvis and Chuck Berry, do you know what I'd do to learn more about it? Listen to more of it. So here we go, a mix of Ethio jazz. It's great, some down-tempo mourning sort of stuff, and some good ol' fashioned Ethiopian whacked out shit. It'll keep you guessing while feeding you two hours of music you ain't never heard before.

That photo up there, that's Asnakech Worku who is not on this mix. I just dig the image. She is Ethiopian, and recorded with Hailu Mergia who is on the mix, so there's at least that connection. The mix is below. An mp4 download or streaming online. Blast it on Friday in your cubicle. Start your weekend way the fuck away from here.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
In Ethio Mood Again - Mix by Nicky mp4 (via Mediafire) at My Passion For Ethiopian Music
In Ethio Mood Again - Mix by Nicky
(streaming) at Mixcloud Song list here

No comments: