Wednesday, February 12, 2020

BECK'S MOM AND SOME LOSER

Did you know Jack Kerouac's daughter cut a record as a member of a girl group? I did not. I didn't know he had a daughter. And I didn't know that Bibbe Hansen, Al Hansen's daughter and Beck's mother, was also in the group as well, and I didn't know that as a young teen Hansen was in Warhol's orbit actually appearing in one of his screen tests and in a film, Prison, with Edie Sedgwick. That's a lot of I don't knows. She (Hansen) was a New York kid that spent her early teens hanging out on the street with other kids, Janet Kerouac among them. The whole story of how the record came about can be found at an old post at Lost In the Groove. A thing about how Hansen ended up in Warhol's orbit at the age of thirteen can be found at her own site. The actual record isn't all that special. The thing that gets me, and it really shouldn't, is that despite the fact that Warhol and Jack Kerouac were alive at the same time and likely knew the same people and possibly each other, it never occurred to me until tonight that they might even exist in the same universe. I guess I just never thought about them interacting. Who cares?

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Whippets - I Want To Talk With You mp3
at Probe Is Turning-On the People
The Whippets - Go Go Go With Ringo
(streaming) at YouTube
Visit:
The Secret History of the Whippets, a NYC girl group
at Lost In the Grooves
Andy's Baby - Bibbe Hansen profile

No comments: