Friday, February 14, 2020

LAST MINUTE KISSY KISSY POO POO

Oh holy hell, I completely jelled. I forgot today was Valentines Day. It's not like I'm going to be in the dog house. I am currently squeezeless, so there's no one to yell at me. But there was talk all day about Valentines Day, so I was reminded that I forgot to post some kissy-kissy stuff. Then, when I got home a couple hours ago, I found my screen door with heart shaped stickers on it, and a small bouquet of sour grass. I looked around at the other doors in the complex and my door was the only one decorated like that. Someone did something to brighten my day today and I don't know who it was. The gesture was so sweet, and it really did make me feel, I don't know, liked? Liked enough for someone to have done that. Shit like that rarely happens to me and I'm not going to ruin it by trying to figure it out. Because of the sour grass angle a guess would be someone on a budget. Or someone that knows that fancy and me don't mix. Or one of the kids in the neighborhood grabbing the closest thing they could find that represented flowers. I don't know, but it worked. I had a momentary warm and fuzzy moment.

Then it hit me. It's Friday. Tomorrow's Saturday. There might be some people still celebrating Valentines Day tomorrow, so I might not too late. Cue Reverend Tom Frost, mix meister of South of Hell, France. Here's three mixes that he posted in 2008-2012 that are still lurking on Mixcloud. Each are good for about an hour of uninterrupted face sucking.

That photo at the top is from a wedding I went to a few months ago. The person who took  it, a sister of one of the subjects,  said that it was a spur of the moment shot and she didn't realize that her phone was set on black and white. But I love the photo, there's nothing in it that would peg it as being recently taken and it's about as candid as it gets. Nice wheels too. On to the mixes...

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Spread the Good Word's A Bloody Love Mix, Volume 3
John Buck & The Blazers, Bobby Freeman, Dorsey Burnette, Donnie & Ronnie, the Del-Vikings, Don Johnston, Marvin Rainwater, Piano Red, B.B. King, Ann Cole, the Valentinos, Soul Brothers Six, the Duetts, the Highway Q.C.'s, Del Shannon, Tom Reeves, Jimmy Kirkland, Lord Creator, Johnny Burnette, Sanford Clark, Eddie Cochran, the Four Dreamers, and the Animals

Spread the Good Word's A Bloody Love Mix, Volume 2

The Cramps, the World Famous Upsetters, Ronnie Love, Lavern Baker, Mickie Most & His Playboys, the Mustangs, the Righteous Brothers, Johnny Cash, the Wild Ones, Etta James, Benny Joy, Elvis Presley, Roy Hamilton, Bracey Everett, Shouting Thomas Torment, Billy Fury, Little Willie John, Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs, Otis Redding, Jackie Wilson, Renato Carosone, Irving Aaronson & His Commanders, Ric Cartey, and the ever amorous Wild Man Fischer.

Spread the Good Word's A Bloody Love Mix, Volume 1

Joe Houston Orchestra, The Phantom, The Victors, Sonny Terry & Buster Brown, Heavy Trash, Kris Jensen, Sammy Myers, The Royal Jokers, Fire Escape, The Del-Rios, The Raelets, Wanda Jackson, Eddie Taylor, Johnny Angel, Ole Miss Down Beats, Ronnie Hawkins And The Hawks, Bernie Hardison, Ric Cartey, Johnny Watson, The Blues Busters, Slim Whitman.
 

No comments: