Friday, February 21, 2020

DESTROY THE RIGHT WING. SOUNDS GOOD.

I picked a post from nine years ago at random and played the first song that still had a working link. It was Le Tigre's cover of the Pointer Sisters' "I'm So Excited". I happen to dig it. By the time I had heard their cover my original fondness for the song had long gone cold. It had an association with a corny movie, a movie that nonetheless had planted a seed in me that led to a solo trek in Europe a year or so later. After the trip and more than one re-viewing of the film, I decided that it was total crap. But the song remained likeable when I was able to listen to it without envisioning the accompanying scene from the film. So, Le Tigre's version came at an opportune time.

I went on to the second still-good link on the same old post, Le Tigre's "Get Off the Internet", which I'm taking as a damn good suggestion. Later.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Le Tigre - I'm So Excited mp3 at Kenny44200
Le Tigre - Get Off the Internet mp3
at Fimoculous

No comments: