Sunday, December 29, 2019

THIS EFFIN' LIST IS GETTING TOO LONG

I wasn't expecting to add a name to the list tonight. I was looking for a familiar sound, not necessarily a familiar song, just an after the holiday exhale sort of vibe. Okay, laid back. I'd done my share of running around the past few weeks, though still less than most people. I'm just not a running around sort of person. Not into holiday parties and I hate, hate, hate shopping for anything other than records, books or food. I wanted some chill time.

Whoops! After hearing a couple sedate Miles Davis cuts, the third got me all hyped up. It was the intro to "Agitation" that did me in. Roughly a minute and forty seconds of drummer Tony Williams just absolutely going off. Off. Detour! Jazz dabbler that I am, I didn't know Tony Williams. Now I do. That he started played with Davis when he was only seventeen should tell you something about his skill level. I went looking for more and ran into the Tony Williams page at Drummer World. Just a shitload of stuff over there, so, yeah, this is me making a quick exit.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Miles Davis - Nuit Sur Les Champs-Elysees (Take 2) mp3 at Aurgasm
Miles Davis - Final (Take 1) mp3
at Aurgasm
With Tony Williams:
Miles Davis - Agitation mp3
at Drummer World
Miles Davis - Joshua mp3
at Drummer World

Video:
The Miles Davis Quintet - Agitation (Live, 1967)
at YouTube
Visit:
Tony Williams
at Drummer World Much, much more music, videos and a bio.

No comments: