Thursday, December 26, 2019

FOREGOING THE SPIT SHINE

A quick one. Looking for some rockabilly I hadn't heard, I landed on Al Ferrier. His stuff was raw enough, pretty much what I was hoping to find. Dubious studio quality, slightly exaggerated vocals, simple guitar solo, in other words second, possibly third, tier rockabilly that doesn't quite get it right and in doing so, gets it right. Someone who likely lacked the pizzazz of a Elvis Presley, or Carl Perkins, but sixty years later makes for worthwhile rockabilly shake. I was still sitting on the fence until I ran into the photo above which just screams rock 'n' roll, Check him out. Messed up hair, rolled up sleeves and a Telecaster getting ten sorts of twanged. That'll do.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Al Ferrier - Honey Baby mp3
at Rocky 52
Al Ferrier - Let's Go Boppin' mp3
at Rocky 52

No comments: