Thursday, August 15, 2019

WHAT THE HELL

Royal Trux. I have an LP of theirs someplace. I haven't listened to it in ages. It was bought because Neil Hagerty was in Pussy Galore. When they imploded I had to keep my eye on the shake.  He was part of it, as was Jon Spencer. Spencer got more of my attention, possibly more than he deserved. I'd made vague plans to keep up with Hagerty's output but, as with thousands of other artists, that fell by the wayside.

After seeing an interview with his partner, Jennifer Herrema, I decided to poke around looking for some Trux. I ran into a cover of "Suicide is Painless", the theme song from the TV show M.A.S.H. To hear it by Royal Trux is to hear an Exile on Main St. outtake, recorded while Jagger is fussing in the mirror and an American stoner has wanders in. Never mind the fact that the TV series probably hadn't aired when Exile was recorded, this is my imagined universe and you'd best keep your mouth shut. Anyways, what ever shit Keith Richards took earlier hits just before the tape rolls. This is sloppy stuff. Exactly why I dig it.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Royal Trux - Suicide Is Painless mp3 at IHow (?) Site appears dead. But the mp3 isn't.
Royal Trux - Liar mp3 at Mr. Tambourin

No comments: