Wednesday, August 7, 2019

ARTHUR MEET AUGUSTUS

I was on my way home from the daily swim and, it being Wednesday, the farmers market was going on a block up from the beach, which in turn brings the usual Wednesday throngs crowding the park down by the beach. People selling their homemade crap (candles, tie dye shit, painted rocks, etc), hula hoopers, an amateur drum circle, gymnasts (and the gawkers who do what they do) and various and sundry street musicians. As I was walking towards the alley there was a guy with a nice looking melodica and I stopped to talk to him. I asked him if he knew who Augustus Pablo was and he said he didn't. I gave him a brief description, basically that Pablo was the shit, the best melodica player in reggae whose work with King Tubby was all time. He started typing it into his phone, and I thought that was going to take too long and I offered to send him some links. He told me his name was Arthur Bloom and he could best be reached at his website, Musicorps. That sounded somewhat familiar, and when I got home I found that this was the organization that helps vets with disabilities through music. Holy shit, I'd seen this guy on network news before but didn't recognize him (today he was wearing shades and his hair was a little longer). Now, there's a remote chance that it was someone who was putting me on, but he didn't seem like that sort. Regardless, Arthur Bloom, if that really was you I met today, thank you for helping vets with music. It is healing, you know that. Nice to have bumped fists with you. And if the person I met wasn't Arthur Bloom and was just blowing smoke, fuck him, he gets no Pablo.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Augustus Pablo - King Tubbys Meets the Rockers Uptown mp3 at Nintendo Planet Video
Augustus Pablo - Straight to Ethiopia mp3
at Mixtape Riot
Augustus Pablo - Slave Masters' Execution mp3
at Pfftp
Augustus Pablo - East of the River Nile mp3
at Zachi Team Tree Tops

Augustus Pablo - Ali Babba Riddim Dub mp3 at Fredeeky
Jacob Miller with Augustus Pablo - Baby I Love You So mp3
at Noise From the Void
Augustus Pablo - Rockers Dub mp3
at Podcast Battle
Augustus Pablo - Cassava Piece mp3
at The Musicologist

Full LP:
Augustus Pablo - King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown
(streaming) at YouTube Arthur, this is the one I was talking about. I had it mixed up with Firehouse.

Visit:
Musicorps
Augustus Pablo at Wikipedia
Augustus Pablo - King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown at Wikipedia

No comments: