Friday, July 19, 2019

"PRETTY BOY" SAID THE PARROT

I'm not a big fan of power pop. I can appreciate how a lot of it is well crafted, but it just doesn't grab me. I've gone through binges of a day or two...the jury's been out for a good thirty years. Fucking Raspberries, I've been putting off accessing them for years. Take these. Shit, I hear the Beach Boys and ELO and everything in between. Eric Carmen was like a American Bay City Roller that could write, and when he looks in the camera in the video below it makes me want to gag. Give him a playful slap upside the head. Flick his ear. I hate to admit it, I'd rather he look haggard and burned out.  Belly achin' aside, there's no doubting the quality of the song. AM effin' gold.


~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Raspberries - Overnight Sensation mp3 at Stop Okay Go
The Raspberries - I Wanna Be With You mp3 at Help! Friends!  A Guinea Pig Tricked Me!

No comments: