Monday, July 22, 2019

HE MADE RECORDS FOR FIFTY YEARS

Just yesterday I was walking down the street and a car drove by blasting the Meters' "Sissy Strut". It stopped me dead in my tracks. It was the first time I'd heard it out on the street (as opposed to a club, live show or record store). I wanted to take it all in, the soundtrack to navigating a crowded sidewalk, a block from the beach on a warm summer day. Click. Snapshot.

Today on the way home from work, I heard on the radio that Art Neville had died. It was if I was being told yesterday to appreciate the Meters and the Neville Brothers, because, really, the first thought I'd had in my taking-it-all-in episode was what a great musical family the Nevilles were. Man, that snapshot will stay in my album a while.


~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Art Neville - Arabian Love Call mp3
at Office Naps
The Meters - Cissy Strut mp3 at Drummer World

No comments: