Monday, July 29, 2019

ONE TWELVE YEAR OLD CAN'T BE WRONG

This is the song that made me notice ridiculous lyrics. I was a kid, I'd heard it dozens of times. What a ludicrous piece of crap, lyrically. Musically it was tight, if a little too laid back. Like stoner rock does Latin, that is if stoner rock ever managed to shake it's lethargic ass out of the bean bag chair. It's embryonic pre-"Lowrider" War, the early days when Eric Burdon sullied his Animals rep not by being in the band, but by sucking up to hippies with this pot fairy nonsense. The times were different? Hell, I was there, a kid, and I thought the lyrics were dumb as shit. Nonetheless, tonight I listened to it all the way through, chortling, half wishing I had a zit to pop.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Eric Burdon and War - Spill the Wine mp3 at Tumblr (?)

No comments: