Friday, July 12, 2019

GRAVEL PARTY TONIGHT

Browsing the old posts at Super Sonido and I ran across some songs by Los Rockin' Devils (above). Yeah. Their version of "Gloria" in Spanish. Yee haw. Because the singer's voice was somewhat gravel-y, I was reminded of another band whose name escaped me. After thinking about it I realized that I could find the post because I remembered I'd said something about "gravel" when describing this band with a forgotten name. Here goes...

Now would be a good time to re-introduce you to the blog search thingamajig up top. No matter what page you're on here, it's up there in the top left corner (you might have to scroll up). Give it a whirl with any word that can be used to describe music. The results are sometimes interesting, sometimes just fucking out there.



When I searched for gravel, there they were, the band I was thinking of, Los Saicos. There also was Los Shains, the Cosmic Tones, Koes Bersaudara, and others who somehow slipped under the gravel umbrella (Little Richard, Johnny Thunders, Don and Dewey, etc.). And, duh, Los Rockin' Devils, whom I had completely forgotten I'd already posted. Here's just a few that were good to hear again. Go to the "gravel" search results for more. I love extreme anything in music and if you're willing to sacrifice your larynx, hell, I'll listen.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Los Saicos - Camisa de Fuerza mp3 at Laoficinalive (?)
Los Rockin Devils - Gloria mp3
at Super Sonido
Koes Bersaudara - Poor Clown
(streaming) at YouTube
The Cosmic Tones - I'm Gonna Build Me a Woman
(streaming) at YouTube
More gravel gold

No comments: