Wednesday, June 5, 2019

I'M GETTING LOST OVER HERE

I'm rarely in the mood for out-of-copyright music because that means it's really old. You can't shake your ass to it, there's no loud distorted guitar, no boogie woogie piano. no breakbeats, no honking sax and, shudder, no reverb. But when I'm in the mood for out-of-copyright music, I pick one random name or tag after another at Open Music Archive. It doesn't take long to find yourself ass deep in old timey tar. I just go with it. Tonight it started with a name not known to me, selected totally at random. It led to me to Clara Smith, born in 1894, and active from the 1910s though 1935, recording over a hundred songs. Over a hundred songs I haven't heard.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Clara Smith - Deep Blue Sea Blues mp3 at Open Music Archive
Clara Smith - Court House Blues mp3
at Open Music Archive
Out-of Copyright music
at Open Music Archive
Visit:
Clara Smith
at Wikipedia

No comments: