Monday, June 3, 2019

CRAWL

I heard "Wang Dang Doodle" on a blues show the other night. I think it may have been Willie Dixon's version. It just made me want to hear Koko Taylor's version, the one that always make my hair stand on end. Then I remembered the real hair raiser, holy shit, if you haven't heard "Insane Asylum" by Dixon and Taylor, you need to listen to it. It goes beyond blues, actually beyond music, with its doom and gloom pace, the stops and starts punctuated by perfectly minimal drums. When Taylor's vocals come in, and the drums come back in, at about 1:17 it's goosebumps all over the house.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Koko Taylor - Wang Dang Doodle mp3 at Le Mellotron
Wille Dixon and Koko Taylor - Insane Asylum mp3 at Beware of the Blog

No comments: