Tuesday, February 19, 2019

LET'S HEAR IT FOR ARTHUR'S EXIT

Other than "Fire", I can't remember every hearing another song from the Crazy World of Arthur Brown. "Fire" ain't all that bad, a bit corny, but not enough to avoid Arthur Brown without going further. Okay, so where would one start? The first song I happened to hear was "Spontaneous Apple Creation". Oh brother. A bunch of spaced out hippy jive. If you thought "Fire" was a little dramatic, try the "Spontaneous..." thing. Done? You have reached the end of my interest in Arthur Brown and his Crazy drugged out corn World. Should have trusted my gut.

Onto things slightly more interesting. How's about a soul cover of "Fire"? You're right. It couldn't be any goofier the Brown's novelty thud. The Seven Souls do it up right. Give it a whirl and see why I occasionally dig through blog posts from 2001 on a blog that hasn't been tended to in six years.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Visit:
Seven Souls - Fire mp3 at Soul Garage
The Crazy World of Arthur Brown - Fire (streaming) at YouTube
The Crazy World of Arthur Brown - Spontaneous Apple Creation mp3 at ATumblr (?)
Seven Souls - Hold On I'm Coming mp3 at Soul Garage

1 comment:

plasticsun said...

Try I Put A Spell on You - a cool version