Friday, February 15, 2019

FUCK. LIVE AND LEARN.

There's a guy I know that hardly ever talks about anybody by name. It's always "the pit bull guy" or "the girl that works as Poma's [a local deli]", "the rockabilly kids". Whenever he gets in a tight spot, he talks about where he can get a quick loan. It's usually one of his cronies from L.A. or Vegas. Rarely do they loan him money, but he hits them up anyway. One guy is a friend he calls "the Pharmacist". Something tells me he's loaded, but been burned a few too many times. He probably had a few outstanding loans in which he recouped squat.


Not too long ago, this friend was unemployed, his wife moved out and he was trying to get some money together so he wouldn't get evicted. Over the course of a few weeks, in his process of elimination type hunt for funds, I must have heard "pharmacist" a hundred times. Everytime he said it, the song "Mr Pharmacist" started playing in my imagined soundtrack of the day. This caused problems when he would repeat it several times in a single conversation. It had the effect of a record skipping in my imagined soundtrack. Now, every time I hear that song I begin to wonder if I'm ever going to see the money he owes me. I bet he probably owes the pharmacist more.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Other Half - Mr. Pharmacist mp3 at Plain or Pan
The Fall - Mr. Pharmacist mp3 at Skynet (?)
Video:
The Other Half 0n The Mod Squad at YouTube

No comments: