Wednesday, February 6, 2019

DEAR KIDS: BE MORE CURIOUS.

A twenty seven year old was here for a short time last night. After taking a piss he came out of the bathroom and asked what Bitches Brew was. He'd seen a bar of small batch soap made by one of my  friends. I had it on a shelf and never used it, just because I like having a bar of soap called Bitches Brew. I told the guy that it was a Miles Davis album. Then I got the look. He didn't know who Miles Davis was.



I was like the guy in that scene in Diner, where he goes ballistic because his wife misfiled his records. In the middle of his tirade (at 1:41), justifiable or not, he asks "You're not going to put Charlie Parker in with the rock 'n' roll, would you? Would you?!!" To which she answers "I don't know, who's Charlie Parker?" Commence firing, The guy nearly breaks his neck shaking his head in disbelief, and let's out a wail, "JAZZ!!!" Right there when he screams "JAZZ!!!", that was me when it hit me that this guy didn't know who Miles Davis was.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Miles Davis - Nuit Sur Les Champs-Elysees (take 2) mp3 at Aurgasm
Miles Davis - Final (take 1) mp3
at Aurgasm
Miles Davis - Diner au Motel mp3
at Drummerworld

No comments: