Saturday, December 15, 2018

SPIN IT, JUNIOR.

Been reading a lot lately. After four books in a row about UK punk followed by a autobiography by surfer Israel Paskowitz, I needed me some fiction. Raymond Chandler, yo. I've read him, but never read one of his books a second time, so they've been sitting there for years, glaring at me. "Fuck you Mr. Four Punk Books In A Row." So, I'm a third of the way through The Big Sleep and having a hard time putting it down. I forgot how packed with oddball descriptions and wisecracks under fire Chandler's books were. During a break in the hard boiled action, I went for some associative tunes. I knew just where to find them, in the dusty back pages of Office Naps. It occurred to me that it might be a good time to remind you that Office Naps exists. It's a blog with lots of music, mixes and profiles of long gone obscure bands and such, but the highlight for me are the posts that include handfuls of 45s thematically grouped. There's good stuff, most from the fifties and sixties and most songs that you probably won't experience elsewhere. That wouldn't be a big deal, but the music is all good, interesting at the very least, and the back stories are well researched. Just the kind of shit I'm too lazy to do.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:

No comments: