Sunday, December 2, 2018

LIKES TO SAY "LOOK AT THAT"

Out and about today, just about all the music I heard was holiday music. It's way too early for that shit. I can deal with it for a week or two, and then only intermittently. I know I lean on it as it gets closer to the day, but that's really because I'm lazy and holiday music, be it Halloween or Christmas, is easy to find and it keeps the party planners satiated. But not yet.

What I was listening to at home was Dr. Alimantado. He'd been on my mind after reading (again) that John Lydon was a fan and seeing him on a Paul Simonon playlist. Nothing new to me, but it had been a while. Lydon mentions a fondness for "Born For a Purpose" while Simonon goes with "Poison Flour", an all time favorite within these walls. Simonon wins.

"Poison Flour" is on the Best Dressed Chicken In Town LP, as is "I Killed the Barber". That LP is awesome all around. Great title and one of the best cover photos of all time.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Dr. Alimantado - Born For a Purpose mp3 at Surrepptitious Music
Dr. Alimantado - Poison Flour
(streaming) at YouTube
Dr. Alimantado - I Killed the Barber mp3
at Now That's What I Call Bullshit
The Full LP:
Dr. Alimantado - Best Dressed Chicken In Town
(zip) at Compartilhando Reggae

No comments: