Saturday, December 22, 2018

BIG JAY CHECKED OUT

I should have known something was up. All of a sudden a Big Jay McNeely post was getting all sorts of hits. The post was from a year and a half ago, when he was still alive. Then it hit me, the reason for the hits. Sure as shit, McNeely had passed, back in September. Why the fuck didn't I hear about it? McNeely was the epitome of honking r&b sax. Crazy, wild and everything in between. He died and I didn't hear a peep about it. What a sorry fucking world this is.

Because the links on the old post are dead, here's some more of his stuff so you can get an idea of how he blew that thing. Dig the song titles. Just as crazy as he looks in that photo above. Me? I feel like that screaming dude in the photo every time I hear him. Long live the honk.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Big Jay McNeely - Jay's Frantic mp3 at Internet Archive
Big Jay McNeely - Psycho Serenade mp3
at Internet Archive
Big Jay McNeely - Just Crazy mp3
at Internet Archive
Big Jay McNeely - Wild Wig mp3
at Internet Archive
Big Jay McNeely - Mule Milk mp3
at Internet Archive

No comments: