Monday, December 24, 2018

YOU KNOW WHO THEY ARE

I don't have kids, but I remember very clearly how antsy I was on Christmas Eve when I was young. Just thinking about waking up in the morning with all sorts of new shit to play with, appearing out of nowhere. One year me and my siblings put out heads together and tried to outfox the fat man. We didn't have a fireplace, so we figured the logical place for him to enter would be through the front door, so we hatched a plan. We would put a note on the outside of the front door that said "Santa if you come in this door take this note down." Couldn't fail. I'll tell you though, that jolly fucker is smart. He sent my aunt and uncle over to our house, and they knocked front door, and when my parents answered they said "Hey, look at this note that was out here." Shifty son of a bitch. That was the last year we hassled with anything like that. In the years that followed, the word got out that the man was a fake. So, to whoever got us the Hot Wheels, thanks.

Here's some records that were sent to members of the Beatles fan club, from 1963 through 1969. They range from cocksure smart asses to appreciative wits, but if you've never heard them, they are entertaining. The first link has mp3s, just click on the record labels of each individual record. The second link has the same records streaming, but with descriptions and click-able high resolution images of the covers.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Beatles Christmas Records Records - 1963 - 1969 mp3s at The Beatles Source NOTE: Click on record labels for mp3s.
The Beatles Christmas Records Records - 1963 - 1969 (streaming) at All Dylan Right click on record labels for high resolution.
High resolution source of above photo

No comments: