Saturday, March 10, 2012

WADDYA CALL 'EMS


I tell you, this is one well that never runs dry. In addition to Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban's Tassel Twirler Tuesdays, in which they feature jiggle club tunage once a week (courtesy of Kogar the Swinging Ape), today they posted a mix, thereby relieving me of my duty of scrounging up a bunch of stuff for you to dig into. Here's a link to last Tuesdays Tassel Twirler, and another to the 33 song mix they just posted (below).

While we're on the subject of Tassel Twirlers, I've mentioned a couple of times my distaste for the alternate term "titty shakers," not because of it's crassness, but because it's not all that clever. Well, it seems the official ruling over at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban is that they don't like the term either. They have, in the past, referred to them as "rock 'n' soul shakers" and "tassle twirlers." In todays post, they concede to the commonly used term "titty shaker" but do so by censoring the "T" word. Also just today I ran into this nicely worded line at Art Decade: "I believe this kind of jam is what is known in record nerd parlance as a 'titty-shaker'" (You do say, my man.) So, here's a challenge to you wordsmiths, who also happen to like strip club music of the fifties and sixties: come up with a better term. None others seem to have stuck

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
J.C.Davis - The Splib Part 2 mp3 at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban
The mix:
T***y Shakers [sic] Volume 1 mp3 at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban 33 song mix!

No comments: