Monday, March 21, 2011

HUNGRY?


Mexican food. Do those two words make you start licking your chops? Then you know how I felt. I was on Diddy Wah earlier tonight when I ran into a song called "Enchiladas!" by the Chiefs. It's about as Mexican as my thumb, but just the title alone got me all worked up. So, I had to find me some more inauthentic Mexican themed songs and/or bands. One note: the short guitar lead in "The Lonely Bull" is really tasty. Anyone have a clue who it is?

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
The Chiefs -Enchiladas! mp3 at Diddy Wah
Man or Astroman? - Taco Wagon mp3 at Gentle Tyrants
The Baja Marimba Band - Ghost Riders in the Sky mp3 at Beware of the Blog
Herp Albert & the Tijuana Brass - The Lonely Bull mp3 at Potato House

4 comments:

Tim LaMadrid said...

Hi Tom,
Here's the union contract from the "Lonely Bull" session. Looks like the guitar was Ervan "Bud" Coleman.

http://www.wreckingcrew.tv/afmcontracts/Alpert+TJB_LonelyBull.pdf

Tom G said...

Thanks so much Tim! Your next assignment: Bring me the woman from the cover of "Whipped Cream and Other Delights".

Seriously, I know you're a sound (and music) fiend, but how the hell did you dig that one up?

Tim LaMadrid said...

Delores Erickson, currently living in Kelso, Washington. Here's her web site:

http://www.vinyltimes.com/DoloresErickson.htm

Finding that contract was a lucky break. I actually was guessing (incorrectly) that it might be Glen Campbell, so I started looking for any connection between the Wrecking Crew and the song and I came across the page with the contracts. I'm finding the page to be kinda fascinating on it's own now!

Tom G. said...

Jeez, no kidding Tim. I spent an hour and a half on the Wrecking Crew site and related links last night. Funny thing was, I thought the guitar might be Billy Strange, and had no idea that he too was a part of the Wrecking Crew. Thanks tons for the impetus!