Friday, June 20, 2014

I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT CATFISH

Ohh yeeah. Summer starts tomorrow. Warm days, warm water, bonfires, weenie roasts; what's not to like?  I can't be objective, I live in Southern California, I live for this shit. But rather than start this three month party off with surf instrumentals, surf themed vocal garbage, or anything else too beach oriented, I had to go looking for this sucker, Ricky Nelson doing "Summertime", written for the musical Porgy and Bess by George Gershwin and DuBose Heyward. Yeah, that's right, I'm a cultured sonofabitch. Nelson packs some punch into this one. It sounds considerably later than 1962, the year that it was recorded. Almost sounds like he's backed by the Yardbirds. James Burton on guitar, yesssir. Even though being in Southern California, I can't really relate to the lyrics, I've got three months to bore the hell out of you with all the cliché shit. So take your damn shoes off already. You can do that anywhere.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Ricky Nelson - Summertime mp3 at Internet Archive
Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town mp3
at The Audio Muffin
Ricky Nelson - Hello May Lou mp3 at Internet Archive

No comments: