Wednesday, May 31, 2023

RIGHT ON AND RANDOM


I suppose it's not all that surprising that a collection of funk would have these African jams in it. Shit, the beat was born there. With a bunch of funk from Western countries readily available, I always seem to gravitate towards the African tunes. I try not to over-analyze it. It might be because I dig engaging music that I'm not fully familiar with, which Africa seems to have a shit-ton of.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Dele Sosimi - E Go Betta mp3
at Internet Archive
Wallias BAnd - Muziqawi Silt mp3
at Internet Archive
Mulatu Astatke - Yègellé Tezeta mp3
at Internet Archive
Ebo Taylor - Love and Death mp3
at Internet Archive
Gyedu-Blay Ambolley - Simigwa-Do mp3
at Internet Archive
Pat Thomas - Gyae Su mp3
at Internet Archive

No comments: