Sunday, May 21, 2023

GREAT MOMENTS IN TIGHTWAD SHOPPING


I've got a lot of records but I'm not a record collector. I'm glad I'm not. What it was for me initially was a financial decision. I was trying to get out of debt so I'd question myself on every luxury item. When you already have a lot of records, adding more is a luxury. So I'd be in a record store and pick up an LP, let's just say the Everly Brothers, and before becoming attached to it, I'd ask myself, "When was the last time you played one of the Everly Brothers records you already have?" You can guess what the answer usually was. So, I'd tell myself, "No more Everly Brothers for you until you re-listen the records of theirs that you already have." It's totally logical and the gateway to breaking the habit of impulsive purchases. I'm mentioning that because there was a time that the Kenny and the Kasuals LP above was on my list. It was big bucks (probably about $30), and I told myself no. Try it. You'll be surprised. You don't have to have everything.

No comments: