Thursday, May 18, 2023

EASY LISTENING NIGHT


Ho-ly shit, I never thought I'd find this online. What reason would one have for digitizing it? Metal Machine Music is one of the greatest albums of all time and it's almost entirely unlistenable. It's industrial music before industrial music was a thing. Grating? You bet. I like extreme shit and for the mid-seventies this was about as extreme as it got. I'd love to have a dinner party and blast a quadraphonic version of it from all four corners of the room. Alas, the downloads below are not from the 8-track tape version. That format will remain the white whale for now.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Lou Reed - Metal Machine Music A-1 mp3
at Internet Archive 16:10 minutes
Lou Reed - Metal Machine Music A-2 mp3
at Internet Archive 15:53 minutes
Lou Reed - Metal Machine Music A-3 mp3
at Internet Archive 16:13 minutes
Lou Reed - Metal Machine Music A-4 mp3
at Internet Archive 15.55 minutes
Visit:
Metal Machine Music entry
at Wikipedia

2 comments:

Edwin said...

Now this is music, not like that infernal crap the kids listen to nowadays!

Tom G. said...

Here here my man! Believe me, you were on my mind when I posted it!