Tuesday, May 9, 2023

I LOOKED THEM UP: CANADA.


I'm not really too sure what to think of these guys. It's basically early seventies hard rock of the pretend badass proto stoner rock meets death metal growl variety. On some. On others it's pretty. I have no doubts that this is someone's white whale, it probably has a cult following among stoner rock historians. Apologies to them. I gotta say it though, the vocals and lyrics on the three below fucking crack me up. The combination of the over earnest attempt at a gravelly "dangerous" type voice and ridiculous lyrics ends up sounding like a parody. What sold me was the delivery of the first two words on "Natural". After about twenty seconds of a fairly meaty riff, "Heyy mama...". Shit, how can you not listen further?

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Troyka - Natural mp3
at Internet Archive
Troyka - Burning of the Witch mp3
at Internet Archive
Troyka - Rolling Down the Back Road mp3
at Internet Archive
Troyka - Troyka (full LP)
at Internet Archive

No comments: