Thursday, June 19, 2014

GUITAR JACKOFFERY

Back when I was in my teens, I use to eat rock guitar records for breakfast. Shit yeah, Ten Years After was in there. Them and a hundred other bands. At this point in my life, I can't bothered, but back then, the term guitar hero meant something. It sold records, it packed smoke filled arenas, it sold magazines, and it actually got teenage boys to pick up a damn broom.

I don't think I've heard this earlier version of "I'm Going Home", the guitar jackoff anthem of Woodstock. If I have, it's been a long while. (Off topic, but I must interject here, because I just thought about it. No matter how well intended, a peace sign sticker has no business being on an ES335. It's just wrong.) I don't mean that Alvin Lee himself is a jackoff. Every guitarist was a show off back then. More power to 'em, That's not the reason I'm posting this. I'm posting it because it sounds more pared down, a little raw compared to the Woodstock version. And I think my brother will dig it. Though, for the life of me, I don't know if I find it comical or not. I don't care. I'm a wild man.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Ten Years After - I'm Goin' Home mp3 at Song of the Day

No comments: