Friday, September 30, 2022

(GLUG, GLUG,..) HEY, THIS AIN'T BAD.


Man, when I ran across these, I remembered the first time I heard Nirvana like it was last week. It was midday on a weekend and, as was the norm back then, OB speedballs were flowing (coffee and beer in alternating gulps). A friend had brought over a pre-release cassette of Bleach. (The big blockbuster Nevermind was still a couple years away so I was hearing the band for the first time.) The first cut "About A Girl" was okay but it really didn't convey the band at full steam. Guzzling and shit shooting continued and by the time it got to "Negative Creep" I was hooked. You know when you think "How come this band isn't huge?" Two years later that question didn't need to be asked.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Nirvana - About A Girl mp3 at Internet Archive
Nirvana - Love Buzz mp3
at Internet Archive
Nirvana - Negative Creep mp3
at Internet Archive

No comments: