Monday, September 26, 2022

THOSE OLDIES BUT GOODIES REMIND ME OF YOU


I'm re-reading Our Band Could Be Your Life (Michael Azzerad, 2001), and just finished the chapter on Sonic Youth. There's about twenty chapters, each a short history of a different band. Black Flag, Minutemen, Butthole Surfers, Mission of Burma, and so on. If you were around back then and into those bands, you can probably guess the rest. Anyway, since I just finished the chapter on Sonic Youth, I thought I'd go look for the film 1991: The Year Punk Broke, a documentary by David Markey (Desperate Teenage Lovedolls, and many videos), and I actually found it posted by someone else. The scrappy editing is exactly like those days were.


~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Sonic Youth - White Kross mp3 at Sonic Youth Live, Irvine CA 1990
Sonic Youth - Eric's Trip mp3
at Sonic Youth Live, Irvine CA 1990
Sonic Youth - Cinderella's Big Score mp3
at Sonic Youth Live, Irvine CA 1990
Sonic Youth - Touch Me I'm Sick mp3
at I Am Fuel, You Are Friends Mudhoney cover

No comments: