Monday, September 19, 2022

CLUELESS, PER USUAL


Alright, I know that there are bands with shorter songs than the Hard-Ons (posted a couple days ago) but as basically unlistenable as this really is (as far as getting into it), I'd give this record an "A" for the concept. A Japanese band (I think) whose name I don't even know (it's posted in Japanese), with 28 songs in less than seven minutes, the shortest being one second long. So, yeah, technically listenable, but there's no real getting into it. The text accompanying the post says "Vinyl rip of the Signalwave microsong album, originally limited to 140 copies on green vinyl." which tells me three things: Signalwave could be the name of the label, genre or the band (though, when I used an online translator, the Japanese characters were translated as "glacier"), they refer to these as "microsongs" and that, at 140 copies, chances are this is the only opportunity you'll get to check it out. I'm posting it for two reasons. One is that some of you are probably into this high concept stuff (John Cage's 4′33″ anyone?) and, two is that I've always wanted to post a song so short it made Wire sound like a jam band. Seriously. one second?

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~

1 comment:

Marc said...

I can confirm that the band name translates as "glacier" -- if indeed it's a band, as opposed to one dude with a synth. "Signalwave" seems to be the genre (not that I'd ever heard of it before today!)

Marc