Friday, September 23, 2022

EARL HAD A FIELD DAY AT GUITAR CENTER


I listened to a lot of guitar today, all sorts. Clean pickin', rock, blues, jazz, surf and a handful of Guitar Effects Gone Wild. The wah wah part of my effects set was dominated by funk, had some Hendrix and by the time I gut to Earl Hooker's "Wah Wah Blues", I'd had my fill. Johnny "Guitar" Watson's (below) "Space Guitar" was an excellent chaser. One of those songs that has so much in it, it seems twice as long as it is, and the echo or reverb or whatever the fuck it is adds to the post-wah wah cold splash of water to the face. That's it, two's what you get, but these two back-to-back should be enough to rattle you.



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~

Listen:
Earl Hooker - Wah Wah Blues mp3 at Internet Archive
Johnny "Guitar" Watson - Space Guitar mp3
at Internet Archive

No comments: